Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Evil Toad: Monday Morning Blues (on a Sunday)

This is Faust the Toad, a mutated distant cousin of Kermit the Frog.

Faust and his friends are everywhere in my newsroom. They are our regular visitors depositing whatever toxic PR junks everyday.

He appeared in my nightmare this morning.

I woke up today thinking that it was Monday. 8:30 - it said "I'm late" on the alarm clock. My brain began to processed all the appointments and to-do lists like penta-processor super-fast microchip. Then in a blink of an eye, I just realised that it was Sunday.

A swift u-turn with a screeching brake.

But the feeling was great. This epiphany. That's probably the best high, albeit lasting only until this evening, I've had for a while. Not since I peed on the roadside among Pembrokshire wild flowers in a glorious summer day that I have felt this good.

But I'm not an idler, mind, or an uncouth rogue. There just wasn't any public toilet around.

No comments: