Wednesday, April 9, 2008

City Dweller


As much as I would like to dream of a house next to the sea a la Jack Johnson, I can't really imagine not living in a city. Andy Warhol once said that you could have the country in the city, i.e. parks, but you couldn't necessarily have a city in the countryside.

That could only happen if the city is well-planned, especially transportation-wise. My only qualm with city living is that I am living in Bangkok.

Many would find this city fascinating. I remember this Irish pop singer Ronan Keatings (He's such a stellar star that you might as well read about hin in French) telling the local newspaper that Bangkok is a big carnival. But from a Bangkok dweller's weary eyes this carnival is too much of a daily sensory overload.

And if you have ever been driving, you would have noticed how the normally easy-going folks turned into beasts once they were behind the wheels.

No comments: